You’ve got a Hotpoint fridge freezer and it keeps freezing food.
How do you fix it?
Hotpoint has been around since 1891 and is now owned by Haier.
The company offers a wide range of appliances, from refrigerators to washing machines, and even air conditioners.
This problem is caused by a faulty compressor or thermostat.
If you don’t want to replace these parts, you can try using a hair dryer to warm them up.
This should solve the issue
Hotpoint Fridge Freezing Food – What To Check
1 Make sure the freezer is working properly. It should be cold enough to freeze ice cubes. 2 Make sure the door is closed tightly.
Thermistors are used to measure the temperature of different objects. A thermometer measures the temperature of air. Thermistors are used to determine the temperature of liquids and solids. Thermistors are usually placed near the object being measured. Thermistors are available in two types; analog and digital. Analog thermistors are cheaper but not accurate. Digital thermistors are expensive but very accurate.
How to Replace a Hotpoint Fridge’s Thermistor
1 Remove the fridge door panel. 2 Unscrew the screws holding the back panel in place.
2. Temperature Control Thermostat
3. Remove the back panel. 4. Remove the thermostat from the back panel.
1. Turn off power switch. 2. Open the door. 3. Pull down the handle. 4. Push the lever to release the damper. 5. Close the door. 6. Press the button to open the door. 7. Replace the thermostat. 8. Reinstall the back panel. 9. Turn on power switch. 10. Close the door.
4. Temperature Control Board/Main Control Board
1. Turn off the power switch. 2.Open the door. 3.Pull down the handle. 5. Push the lever to remove the damper. 6. Close the door. 7.Press the button to open the damper. 8.Replace the thermostat. 9.Turn on the power switch. 10.Close the door.
Hotpoint Freezer Not Freezing Food
If you notice that your freezer is not freezing anything, it could mean that the compressor is malfunctioning. This can happen if the compressor is overheating. To check whether the compressor is working properly, try these steps: 1 Check the thermostat. 2 Make sure the door seals are intact. 3 Check the freezer’s power cord. 4 Check the freezer’s ventilation fan. 5 Check the freezer’s exhaust vent. 6 Check the freezer’s evaporator coils. 7 Check the freezer’s condenser coils. 8 Check the freezer’s drain pan. 9 Check the freezer’s ice maker. 10 Check the freezer’s interior light switch. 11 Check the freezer’s exterior light switch. 12 Check the freezer’s insulation. 13 Check the freezer’s floor. 14 Check the freezer’s walls. 15 Check the freezer’s ceiling. 16 Check the freezer’s doors. 17 Check the freezer’s shelves. 18 Check the freezer’s back panel. 19 Check the freezer’s front panel. 20 Check the freezer’s cabinet. 21 Check the freezer’s
1. Frost on coils
Check the freezer’s evaporator coil. It is located near the top of the freezer. If the evaporator coil is frosted, it indicates that the freezer is not cooling properly. Remove any frost from the evaporator coil using a clean cloth. If the evaporator is still frosted after cleaning, replace the evaporator coil. 2. Ice maker Answer: Check the freezer’s ice tray. If the ice tray is full of ice, it indicates that the ice maker is not working properly. Replace the ice tray.
2. Dirty condenser coils
Clean the condenser coils. This is done by removing the front panel of the freezer and opening the door. Clean the condenser coils using a vacuum cleaner or brush. 3. Freezer light Answer: Check the power switch. If the freezer light does not turn off when the door is closed, check the fuse box. If the fuse box is empty, replace the fuse.
3. Start Relay having problems
Check the relay contacts. If the relay is bad, replace it. 4. Defrosting problem Answer: Remove the ice tray from the freezer. Check the drain holes in the bottom of the ice tray. If any of these holes are clogged, clean them out. Also, if the ice tray is leaking, replace it.
How to Replace the Start Relay on a Hotpoint Freezer
1. Turn off the power switch. 2. Unplug the unit.
4. Faulty temperature control thermostat
Turn off the power switch. Unplug the unit. Remove the back panel. Disconnect the wires from the relay. Replace the relay. Connect the wires to the new relay. Plug the unit back into the wall socket.
5. Evaporator Motor Fans having issues
1. Check the evaporator fan motor. It could be clogged with dust. Clean the fan blades using a brush. 2. Check the condenser fan motor. It could also be clogged with dust or debris. Clean the fan blades.
6. Malfunctioning Main Control Board
1. Check the thermostat. It could be malfunctioning. Replace if necessary. 2. Check whether the main board is working properly. If not, replace it. 3. Check the air filter. It could be blocked. Clean it. 4. Check the blower motor. It could be malfunctioned. Replace if necessary. ## FAQs
Why is my fridge suddenly freezing everything?
If your refrigerator freezes food, it could be because of several reasons. One of these reasons is because of the air conditioner not working properly. This is usually caused by a faulty thermostat. It is important to check if the thermostat is working correctly. If it is not working properly, you should get it replaced. Another reason why your refrigerator may freeze food is because of the door seals being damaged. Make sure that the doors are closed tightly. Also, make sure that the freezer is full. If the freezer is empty, the cold air will leak out and cool down the fridge.
Why is my Hotpoint fridge freezing my food?
Hotpoint fridges are designed to maintain temperatures between 0°C and 5°C. This is not enough to freeze food properly. It is important to note that if your freezer is set to a lower temperature than 0°C, it will still freeze your food. To prevent this from happening, ensure that the temperature setting is set to 0°C.
How do I fix my refrigerator from freezing food?
If you notice that your refrigerator is getting cold very quickly, it could mean that the compressor is not working properly. This is because the compressor needs to be cooled down after being used for a long period of time. It is recommended that you check if the compressor is running correctly. If it is not, you can try to turn off the power supply to the unit and wait for about 10 minutes before turning it back on again. If this does not solve the problem, contact a professional repair service.