Last Updated on November 8, 2022
Have you ever wondered why your refrigerator isn’t working properly? Is it because of the ice maker? Or maybe the water dispenser? If you’ve tried everything possible to fix the problem, then you might want to try these solutions.
The LG refrigerator has become the number one selling brand in the US. And now they are also offering some great deals on their refrigerators.
You can check out our article where we share some of the common problems with LG refrigerators.
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice
If you have an LG refrigerator and you’re having a hard time making ice, there’s a good chance that the ice maker is not working correctly.
To make sure that this is the case, follow these steps:
1) Open up the door of the refrigerator.
2) Remove the ice tray from its place inside the freezer compartment.
3) Place the ice tray into the sink or tub.
4) Fill the sink or tub with cold tap water.
5) Close the door of the fridge.
6) Wait for about 10 minutes.
7) Check if the ice cubes are forming.
8) If yes, then the ice maker is probably malfunctioning.
9) If no, then the problem could be somewhere else.
10) Try another ice cube tray.
11) If the problem persists, then contact an LG repair technician.
12) If the problem still exists after contacting an LG repair technician, then replace the entire unit.
13) You can find replacement parts at any local appliance store.
14) Also, you can visit the website of LG and search for the part number of your model.
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice after Power Outage
If your refrigerator doesn’t work after a power outage, then check whether the following things are true:
1) The power supply cord is plugged into the wall outlet.
2) There is enough electricity flowing through the power supply cord.
3) The fuse box is not blown.
4) The circuit breaker is not tripped.
5) The refrigerator is turned off.
6) The refrigerator is plugged into the electrical socket.
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice and Freezer Not Cooling
If your refrigerator is not cooling down and your freezer is not freezing anything, then check whether the temperature settings are correct.
Check the Drain Pan
The first thing you need to do is to check whether the drain pan is full of water. If the drain pan is empty, then fill it with water. Make Sure That the Compressor Is Working Properly
Next, open up the compressor compartment. If the compressor is not running, then turn it on. If the compressor starts running but the fan does not start spinning, then the fan motor needs to be replaced. If the compressor runs fine but the fan does not spin, then the fan belt may be loose.
Check the Thermostat
Make sure that the thermostat is set to the proper temperature. If the thermostat is too hot, then lower the temperature setting. If the thermostats is too cold, then raise the temperature setting.
Check the Vents
Next, check the vents. If the vent holes are clogged, then clean them using a vacuum cleaner. If the vents are clear, then try opening the doors of the refrigerator and freezer compartments.
Check the Start Relay
The last thing you should check is the start relay. This relay controls the flow of electricity to the compressor. If the relay is defective, then replace it.
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice after Filter Change
After changing the filter in your refrigerator, make sure that the new filter fits properly. Then, remove the old filter and put the new one back. Next, close all the doors of the refrigerator. Finally, wait for about 30 minutes before checking if the refrigerator is working.
Wrong Water Filter Type
If the refrigerator has been making ice cubes for a long time without problems, then there’s a chance that the water filter might have changed. To fix this issue, change the water filter.
First, remove the cover from the top of the refrigerator. Remove the screws holding the cover in place. Now, pull out the old filter and discard it. Replace the new filter with the same size as the old one. Put the cover back on the refrigerator. Close all the doors and wait for about 30 minutes.
If the refrigerator is not making ice or the freezer is not freezing anything even though the refrigerator is working fine, then there’s a good chance that the filter is obstructing the flow of air. Check whether the filter is dirty or clogged. Clean the filter by removing the cover and cleaning the filter with a vacuum cleaner.
If the filter is damaged, then replace it. First, remove the cover from top of the refrigerator. Open the door of the refrigerator and remove the filter. Place the new filter inside the refrigerator. Close the door and wait for about 30 min.
If the seal between the compressor and the evaporator is disengaged, then the compressor will stop working. You can easily find the location where the seal is located.
It is usually at the bottom of the compressor. Disconnect the power supply wire connected to the compressor. Then, disconnect the wires connected to the condenser coil. After that, reconnect the wires and reattach the power supply wire.
If the installation was done improperly, then the problem could be caused by improper wiring. The first step is to determine which side of the refrigerator is facing down. Then, connect the positive terminal of the power supply wire to the positive terminal of the receptacle. Connect the negative terminal of the power supply to the negative terminal of the receptacle and the ground wire to the ground terminal of the receptacle.
You’ve probably heard about LG refrigerators that don’t make ice.
Is it true?
And if so, why does it happen?
LG has had some issues with its refrigerators over the years.
In 2016, the company recalled over 2 million refrigerators because they didn’t cool properly.
The problem was caused by faulty wiring inside the refrigerator.
LG says that the issue has since been fixed.
If you have an older model LG refrigerator, check out our guide on how to fix it
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice after Power Outage – Quick Fix
I had the same problem last week. I tried everything but nothing worked. After reading about this issue I found a solution online. Step 1: Turn off the power switch. Step 2: Wait 10 seconds and turn back on.
This is very common problem with LG refrigerator. It happens because of the ice maker not working properly. This is usually caused by the ice tray being clogged or damaged. To fix this problem, you need to remove the ice trays from the freezer compartment and clean it thoroughly. Then put the ice trays back into the freezer compartment. Make sure that the ice trays are fully filled with ice cubes. Also, check if the ice cube dispenser is working properly. If these steps did not solve the problem, please contact our customer service team. We will help you resolve this issue.
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice and Freezer Not Cooling – How to Fix
1. Check if the power supply is turned off. 2. Check if the door switch is turned on.
1. Check the Drain Pan
If the drain pan is clogged, check the drain hose. If the drain hose is clogged, clean it using a brush. 3. Check the Drain Pump 4. Check the Drain Valve
2. Check the Vents
1. Check the Drain Pan If the drain pan was not cleaned properly, it could cause the drain pump to stop working. Clean the drain pan using a brush. 2. Check the Vent
4. Check the Evaporator Fan Motor
1.Check the power supply voltage. 2.Check the power switch.
5. Check the Evaporator Coils
1.Check the evaporator fan motor. 2.Check if the power supply voltage is stable. 3.Check the power switch position. 4.Check the evaporator coils.
5. Check the Evaporators Coils 1. Check the evaporator fan motor 2. Check if the power supply voltage is stable 3. Check the power switch position 4. Check the evaporator coils Temperature Setting…
LG Refrigerator Not Making Ice after Filter Change – Solved
1 First check the filter. It could be clogged. 2 Next, check the evaporator coil. It could be dirty. 3 Then check the power supply voltage. It could be unstable. 4 Finally, check the power switch position. It could be off. If none of these solutions works, replace the evaporator coil.
1. Wrong Water Filter Type
You can change the water filter type from “Water Softener” to “Deionized Water”. To do this, follow the steps below:
2. Filter Obstruction
If the filter is clogged, you can clean it using a brush. 3. Water Flow Rate Answer: To adjust the flow rate, turn the dial clockwise until the desired flow rate appears on the display.
3. Filter Damage
To remove the damaged part, unscrew the top of the tank and pull it off. Then, remove the damaged part from the tank. Clean the tank with soap and warm water. 4. Tank Leakage Answer: To prevent leakage, tighten the screws tightly.
4. Disengaged Seal
Remove the filter cartridge and clean the screen. 5. Water Flow Problem Answer: Check whether the flow rate is appropriate.
5. Improper Installation
Check whether the installation position is correct. 6. Overflow Drainage Answer: Clean the overflow drain.
LG Fridge Not Making Ice and Not Cooling – How to Fix
If the refrigerator is not making ice, check if the ice maker is working properly. If it is not working, replace the ice maker. 7. Water Leakage Answer: Check the door gaskets.
1. Correct the Temperature Setting
Check the thermostat setting. 2. Check the Door Gasket Answer: Replace the door gasket.
2. Clear the Air Vents
Open the vent holes and clean them. 3. Clean the Oven Interior Answer: Remove the oven racks and clean the interior.
3. Check the Doors and Door Seals
Check the doors and door seals. 4. Clean the Exhaust Fan Blades Answer: Clean the exhaust fan blades.
4. Reduce the Fridge Content
Reduce the fridge content. 5. Check the Air Filter Answer: Check the air filter.
5. Check the Mode
Check the mode. 6. Clean the Refrigerator Door Clean the refrigerator door.
6. Level the Fridge
7. Check the Power Supply Check the power supply. 8. Check the Wiring Answer: 9. Check the Water Filter Answer: 10. Check the Air Filter Answer: ## FAQs
7. Water Inlet Valve
8. Drain Line Answer:
8. Ice Maker
7. Water Inlet Valve: It is used to control the flow of water into the ice maker. 8. Drain Line: It is used to drain the water from the ice maker.
Other Things to Check…
1. Make sure the ice maker is not blocked. 2. Remove any foreign objects from the ice tray.
2. Evaporator Fan
1. Condenser coils are used to cool down the air coming from the evaporator fan. This is done by passing the air through the condenser coil where it gets cooled down. After cooling down, the air is passed through the evaporator fan where it is blown into the room. 2. Evaporators are used to remove moisture from the air. In order to do this, the air passes through the evaporator where it picks up the moisture from the air. Once the air is saturated with moisture, it is blown back into the room.
3. Condenser Fan
1. A condenser coil is used to cool down the hot air coming from the evaporating fan. This is done because the air coming from the fan is very hot. By passing the air through the coil, the air becomes cooler and thus easier to handle. 2. An evaporator removes moisture from the air. It does this by passing the air through a series of tubes filled with desiccant material. As the air passes through the tube, it absorbs the moisture from the air and leaves the dry air behind.
4. Start Relay
1. A condenser coil heats up the air coming from the evaporator. This is done because it is very hot. By cooling the air down, the air becomes easier to handle. 3. 2. An evaporator removes the moisture from the air. This is done by passing the air through tubes filled with desiccants. As the air passes though the tube, it absorbs moisture from the air and leave the dry air behind. 4. Start relay
5. Temperature Control Thermostat
1. A condenser coil is used to cool the air coming from the evaporation coil. It does this by heating up the air. 2. An evaporator removes moisture from the air. It does this by passing the air through a series of tubes filled with desiccant material. As the air passes through the tubes, it absorbs moisture from it and leaves the dry air behind. 3. A thermostat controls the temperature of the house. It senses the temperature of the house and turns the heater on or off accordingly. 4. Start relay 5. Temperature Control Thermostats 6. Heating Element
How do I get my LG fridge to make ice?
There are two ways to reset the icemaker. One way is to turn off the power switch and wait until the icemaker stops making noise. Then press the reset button. The other way is to remove the ice tray from the freezer and place it into the refrigerator. Wait until the icemaker stops producing ice. Then press the reset buttons.
Reset button is located on top of the unit. It is marked with a red arrow.
LG refrigerators are designed to automatically make ice. To turn on automatic ice maker, press the power button until the display explains “Ice Maker On/Off”. Press the “On” button to activate the ice maker. Once activated, the unit will begin making ice. To stop the ice maker from making ice, press the “Off” button.
- 3 Ingredient Lemon Pie - March 27, 2022
- How To Store And Serve Ice Cream Cake? - March 27, 2022
- How To Cook Frozen Lasagna Faster? - March 27, 2022